Why Outsource Your Print?
Outsourcing = Positive business practice….
The growth of outsourcing as a strategic business tool demonstrates the commitment of UK companies to remove excess costs and to divest themselves of non-core processes.
This trend is driven by the need to focus on finances and infrastructure on core revenue streams ensuring that the business defends its competitive edge and is fit to respond effectively to change and opportunity.
Outsourcing is not a new phenomenon, it is a proven process to reduce cost while leveraging expertise in several non-core business areas.
But where does print outsourcing or outsourced printing fit into the business mix?
Outsourcing Print – Practical Business Management
In survey after survey, the single fact that all business managers acknowledge is that over 85% of companies do not know how much print costs them (source: IPIA). Why is this..?
- Primarily, because ‘print’ is a very diverse product. It covers functional, marketable, financial and critical print needs.
- Secondly, because of its diversity, ‘print’ is purchased and used by many within an organisation.
- Thirdly, due to the previous two points, the true cost of print is absorbed and hence hidden into several different cost centres.
- Finally, ‘print’ is seen as a result of a need rather than a business process that can be improved.
Over 70% of respondents to surveys agree that ‘print’ is an area that should be investigated and possibly outsourced, but they do not have either the time or expertise to carry out this exercise.
Print Management – Controlling Print Costs
On average, it has been estimated that the true ‘cost of print’ equates to around 3% of a company’s total revenue. What is the true cost of print in your company? How can you find out? Where do you start? What expertise can you utilise to analyse your true cost of print?
Blue Star Print Solution’s core business is print management. We have outsourced all non-core processes, which means that our only focus is on minimising total print costs whilst maximising print efficiencies and quality for our clients.
At Blue Star Print Solutions we believe that by working in partnership with us to outsource your ‘print’ we can reduce costs, wastage and enhance the quality of the printed material that is used by your company by using our knowledge of print processes, paper sourcing and long standing supplier relationships. To aid in the discovery of areas for improvement, we use our Print Economy Audit.
What is the Print Economy Audit and How Does it Work?
The print economy audit is a system focused on reducing the total print costs affecting your company.
It provides unbiased analysis on areas of your business that use or purchase print.
The Blue Star Print Economy Audit follows a proven critical analysis path:
- We analyse which printed items have been ordered and used by your company. We will detail and offer alternative pricing, product specification and order scheduling where applicable for your comparison as well as providing a like for like quote on all previous print jobs.
- We investigate who orders what, when and why to enable us to suggest and offer a more streamlined approach to managing your print.
- We review your supplier base to see exactly how many suppliers your company has used for it’s printing needs. From this we can propose a reduction in vendors, thus leveraging purchasing power with fewer, more suitable and efficient suppliers.
- Finally, we produce a document based on our findings which charts a more effective procurement model to reduce your total annual print spend. This report includes monitoring and where appropriate, reporting on all of those ‘forgotten costs’ that are absorbed somewhere within your organisation, but will all impact on the total price you pay for print, for example, design & storage.
Print Economy Audit – the Benefits
Blue Star Print Solutions recognise that every company is different and that there is no such thing as ‘one size fits all’.
Your report will be as individual as you are, being tailored to meet your current and future business goals.
Our aim is to give you as much critical and relevant information as possible on the total cost of print within your company…and what you can do to help reduce it.
The print economy audit presents a full and impartial report covering your basic known print spend. In addition, we account for areas where ‘hidden and forgotten’ costs are incurred within your company’s total print procurement processes such as:
- Ad Hoc buying
- Multi order processing
- Fragmented purchasing & lack of manufacturing knowledge
- Historic product design
- Solus manufacturing
- Artwork and brand management
- Stagnant supplier base
- Ineffective stock management/Storage
- Excessive logistics
- Uncoordinated distribution
- Product obsolescence/Damage
- Lack of proper reporting and management information.
- Accounting – Multiple invoices and payments
Bellow are some of the major benefits that Blue Star Print Solution’s clients have achieved by following the Print Audit recommendations:
- More streamlined procurement process
- A defined print strategy
- Visible and accountable ordering procedures
- Quicker routes to market
- Product re-engineering
- Batch manufacturing
- A more flexible and focused supplier base with a full and diverse product offering
- Centralised and managed artwork systems.
- Lower cost logistics
- Forward planned distribution
- Timely and relevant management information
- Reduced wastage and redundant stocks
- A reduction in total print spend
- Allows benchmarking of current supplier base
- Time freed up to focus on your own business’s speciality, leaving Blue Star Print Solutions to focus on your print.
If you'd like to find out how much resources and associated costs you could free up by switching to Blue Star Print Solutions, simply get in touch by filling out the form >> CLICK HERE.